The Causes of Neck Pain
Neck pain treatment is very common in our chiropractic clinic, this is due to the neck being a relatively mobile area of the spine that also has to balance the weight of the head. For this reason it is vulnerable especially if put under pressure. This vulnerability could have originated through lifting, poor posture or if you ever have been in an accident. Poor function in the neck can lead to pain and disturbance in the communication between your brain and your muscles and sensors throughout the whole body.
Most of the time a bad neck will give you pain across the shoulders and into the upper or lower arm. Most problems are due to inflammation of the joints, ligaments and the subsequent spasm of the muscles. If left untreated the poor movement can lead to disc problems and arm pain. Over many years your body will wear and repair. This repairing can lead to a laying down of bone that trapes the nerves and severely limits mobility.
What is Chiropractic Neck Pain Treatment?
Chiropractic care for ongoing neck pain is recommend by numerous guidelines such as NICE.
Other Body Pains & Future Conditions
Neck injury can cause pain in other areas of the body as well as other conditions:
- If you have radiating pain in the arm it is important to seek treatment soon to ensure that you are not damaging the nerves to the arm.
- If you have been an accident it is important to get treatment as soon as possible, if you do not you are more like to suffer earlier degeneration and arthritis of the neck. This can occur in just a few years of the accident.
- Whiplash can cause many problems to the spine and joints. This is due to the direct trauma but also mild injury to the brain as it gets banged about in the head. For further information visit our treatment information on whiplash.
- Advanced arthritis of the neck commonly leads to trapped nerves to the arm resulting in higher levels of pain and permanent weakness if advanced. It is wise to address the problem thoroughly as soon as you can to restore the normal movement quickly and lessen your chances of developing this.
- Poor joint function can lead to further back problems such as facet joint syndrome.
Contact Back In Form for Neck Treatment
You can be assured of a thorough appraisal at Back In Form as we have personal experiences of significant whiplash. Once you’ve suffered one, you’ll need careful and targeted rehabilitation to reduce the chances of recurrent problems and to ensure that the brain has not been weakened by the trauma. We see many people with significant neck problems and degeneration who did nothing about their injury and several years later they can’t believe it was likely due to an old car accident. Don’t make that mistake, look after your joints and they’ll be more likely to last you a life time.